Social media is an increasingly essential half of tutorial existence that may be a stupendous medium for advertising your work, networking with colleagues and for demonstrating influence. However, alongside the alternatives it additionally poses difficult questions on how to have interaction on-line, and the way to characterize yourself professionally.
This practical e book gives clear assistance on comfortably and intelligently the use of social media for tutorial purposes throughout disciplines, from publicising your work and constructing networks to enticing the general public with your analysis. It is supported by precise existence examples and underpinned by concepts of respectable follow to be certain you’ve the abilities to benefit from this entertaining medium.
You’ll find guidance on:
- Using social media to publicise your work
- Potential pitfalls and the way to keep away from them
- The evolving function of social media in higher schooling
- Defining digital scholarship
- Managing your identification on-line
- Finding time for social media
- Near-future developments in academia.
Visit Mark′s weblog for extra insights and dialogue on social media tutorial follow at http://markcarrigan.net/
- Social Media for Lecturers